Search ❅ Busca

16 de febrero de 2023

Scarlet Dorn (Barcelona, 5 Nov. 2022)

Hello! I haven't uploaded concert photos here for a long time, so I want to share the photos of the last concert I attended. The German Gothic Metal band Lord of the Lost did a tour last year, coming to Barcelona on November 5th, in another post I will tell you about their concert since I want to go by the order in which the bands went on stage. With them came the German bands Scarlet Dorn and Nachtblut as guests. A couple of months before going to the concert I listened to the records of both bands to know their music (thanks Spotify) and I liked both groups, so I was able to sing parts of their songs with them.

In case you don't know this band, they play Gothic Rock, with Scarlet Dorn on vocals, Gared Dirge (also a member of Lord of the Lost) on keyboards, Bengt Jaeschke on guitar, Benji Mundigler on bass and Henrik Petschull on drums, although he had to be replaced on tour by Niklas Kahl from Lord of the Lost for a large part of the tour due to not being able to attend, Barcelona being one of the cities in which he was unable to play. They have three albums to date and are currently in the studio recording their new album. Check them out because they have some really nice songs.
¡Hola! Hace mucho que no subo fotos de conciertos por aquí, así que me apetece compartir las fotos del último concierto al que he asistido. La banda alemana de Metal Gótico Lord of the Lost hizo una gira el año pasado, viniendo a Barcelona el 5 de noviembre, en otra entrada os contaré sobre su concierto ya que quiero ir por el orden en el que los grupos salieron al escenario. Con ellos vinieron las bandas alemanas Scarlet Dorn y Nachtblut. Un par de meses antes de ir al concierto estuve escuchando también los discos de ambas bandas para conocer su música (gracias Spotify) y ambos grupos me gustaron, así que pude cantar trozos de sus canciones con ellos.

Por si no conocéis a esta banda, tocan Rock Gótico, con Scarlet Dorn en la voz, Gared Dirge (también miembro de Lord of the Lost) a los teclados, Bengt Jaeschke a la guitarra, Benji Mundigler al bajo y Henrik Petschull a la batería, aunque tuvo que ser sustituido en la gira por Niklas Kahl de Lord of the Lost en gran parte de la gira por no poder asistir, siendo Barcelona una de las ciudades en las que no pudo tocar. Tienen tres discos hasta la fecha y actualmente están en el estudio grabando su nuevo álbum. Echadles un vistazo porque tienen unas canciones muy bonitas.  


The concert took place at Sala Salamandra, in Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona. I had never been to a concert in this hall and to tell the truth, I had not attended a Metal or Hard Rock concert for 9 years. It turns out that I discovered that I have misophonia, a neurophysiological disorder in which certain sounds are unbearable to me, to the point of feeling extreme anger, having panic and anxiety attacks and the need to flee from the place where the triggering sounds are taking place, among others symptoms. In this post I explained what exactly misophonia is about. The fact is that screaming and loud voices are triggering sounds that make me have these symptoms and that's why I avoided going to concerts, until I found out that Lord of the Lost were going to visit Barcelona and I wanted to see them at all costs, despite misophonia. 

In September I attended other free concerts in my town and there I discovered that I can keep misophonia at bay in these shows, so this encouraged me to go to the Lord of the Lost concert. I have to say that I had no symptoms inside the hall. The brain is very complex, people who have misophonia have the need to imitate the sound that bothers us if we cannot cover it up or avoid it, and since I was also singing at the concert and the screams are not of the frequency that causes me discomfort, it didn't affected me and I was able to enjoy the concert like other people. Although I did have a bad time in line because someone was chewing gum and I wanted to leave the line. I held on as best I could, controlling my anger and discomfort. 
El concierto tuvo lugar en la Sala Salamandra de Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona. Nunca había ido a un concierto en esta sala y a decir verdad, llevaba 9 años sin asistir a un concierto de música Metal o Rock duro. Resulta que descubrí que tengo misofonía, un trastorno neurofisiológico en el que ciertos sonidos me son insoportables, hasta el extremo de sentir ira extrema, tener ataques de pánico y ansiedad y la necesidad de huir del lugar donde se estén produciendo los sonidos detonantes, entre otros síntomas. En esta entrada expliqué de qué trata exactamente la misofonía. El caso es que los gritos y las voces fuertes son sonidos detonantes que me hacen tener esos síntomas y por eso evité ir a conciertos, hasta que me enteré que Lord of the Lost iban a visitar Barcelona y quería verlos a toda costa, a pesar de la misofonía.

En septiembre asistí a otros conciertos gratuitos en mi ciudad y allí descubrí que puedo mantener la misofonía a raya en estos espectáculos, así que esto me animó a ir al concierto de Lord of the Lost. Tengo que decir que no tuve síntomas dentro de la sala. El cerebro es muy complejo, las personas que tenemos misofonía tenemos la necesidad de imitar el sonido que nos molesta si no podemos taparlo o evitarlo y como en el concierto también estaba cantando y los gritos no son de la frecuencia que me causa malestar, no me afectó y pude disfrutar del concierto como el resto de personas. Aunque sí lo pasé mal en la cola porque una persona estaba masticando chicle y me entraron ganas de abandonar la cola. Aguanté lo mejor que pude, controlado la ira y el malestar.




I managed to get into the second row, which I didn't expect and which I was grateful for, I was going with the idea of being further from the stage. Scarlet Dorn's performance was punctual and it was too short for me, they only played 7 songs and I only took the photos you just saw. When I realized, they were already saying goodbye. On the other hand, that's good because it means that I enjoyed his performance, being entertaining. Their music sounds harder live than on studio records, gaining in energy. And there were people who discovered them at that time and I'm sure they listen to their music today. 

I also recorded a couple of videos, but while the image quality is good, the sound is horrible. I don't know if it was because I had the speakers nearby, because my phone isn't good for recording at concerts, or both together. The thing is, you only hear a mass of misshapen noise and the voice can barely be heard, so I won't share them. The next entry will be dedicated to the performance of Nachblut.

Tell me. Did you know Scarlet Dorn?
Do you like them?
Have you also seen them live?.

See you in the next post!. 
Conseguí ponerme en segunda fila, cosa que no esperaba y que agradecí, iba con la idea de estar más lejos del escenario. La actuación de Scarlet Dorn fue puntual y se me hizo muy corta, tan solo tocaron 7 canciones y solo hice las fotos que acabáis de ver. Cuando me di cuenta, ya se estaban despidiendo. Por otra parte eso es bueno porque significa que disfruté de su actuación, siendo amena. Su música suena más dura en directo que en los discos de estudio, ganando en energía. Y hubo gente que los descubrió en ese momento y seguro que actualmente escucha su música.

También grabé un par de vídeos, pero aunque la calidad de la imagen es buena, el sonido es horrendo. No sé si sería porque tenía los altavoces cerca, porque mi teléfono no sirve para grabar en conciertos o las dos cosas juntas. El caso es que sólo se oye una masa de ruido deforme y la voz apenas se puede oir, así que no los compartiré. La próxima entrada estará dedicada a la actuación de Nachblut.

Contadme. ¿Conocíais a Scarlet Dorn?
¿Os gusta?
¿También les habéis visto en directo?

¡Nos vemos en la próxima entrada!  

Thanks for your visit!  ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!

Sionnach 🦊
_______________________________


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM Comments will be deleted!
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
Los comentarios SPAM serán eliminados.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Other Posts ❅ Otras entradas Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks