Search ❅ Busca

7 de mayo de 2023

Eurovision 2023 Lord of the Lost representatives of Germany · Lord of the Lost representantes de Alemania para Eurovision 2023

When I wrote on the blog again (although nobody seems to read it) I said that I went to the concert of the German Gothic Metal band Lord of the Lost. What I didn't say was that it's currently my favourite band (along with another German band). In 2021 I discovered them on Spotify with the song "Priest", but it wasn't until July 2022 when I decided to listen to more of their music and fell in love with their music. For many days I only listened to their songs and currently I listen to them very often, rarely is the day that I don't listen to at least one of their songs.
Cuando volví a escribir en el blog (aunque parece que nadie lo lee) dije que fui al concierto de la banda alemana de Metal Gótico Lord of the Lost. Lo que no dije fue que actualmente es mi grupo favorito (junto con otra banda alemana). En 2021 los descubrí en Spotify con la canción "Priest", pero no fue hasta julio de 2022 cuando decidí escuchar más música de ellos y me enamoré de su música. Durante bastantes días solamente escuché sus canciones y actualmente los escucho muy a menudo, raro es el día que no escucho al menos una de sus canciones. 


I also started to follow them on Instagram, both the group's account and the accounts of each of the band members, and I completely fell in love with them because they are incredible, inclusive and fun people who are great allies of the LGBTIQA+ collective. It had been years since I had a favourite group, this and another band being the only ones for whom I feel something so special, so when LOTL came to Barcelona on tour I had to go see them. I will tell you in another post everything that happened that day because it was much better than I could have imagined.

The day before Christmas 2022 they gave their fans a Christmas gift in the form of a new song, "Blood and Glitter", with its accompanying video. the first thing I thought when I watched the video  was: "this song and this aesthetic are very Eurovisive". 
También empecé a seguirles en Instagram, tanto la cuenta del grupo como las cuentas de cada uno de los miembros de la banda y ya terminé de enamorarme por completo de ellos porque son unas personas increíbles, inclusivas, divertidas y son unos grandes aliados del colectivo LGBTIQA+. Hacía años que no tenía grupo favorito, siendo este y otro grupo los únicos por los que siento algo tan especial, así que cuando LOTL vinieron a Barcelona de gira tenía que ir a verles. Ya contaré en otra entrada todo lo que ocurrió ese día porque fue mucho mejor de lo que habría podido imaginar.

El día antes de Navidad de 2022 hicieron un regalo de Navidad a sus fans en forma de canción nueva, "Blood and Glitter", con su correspondiente vídeo. Cuando vi el vídeo lo primero que pensé fue: "esta canción y esta estética son muy eurovisivos". 


Later, rumors began to spread about their candidacy as Germany's representatives for Eurovision and finally they confirmed that they were going to participate in "Unser Lied für Liverpool" (Our song for Liverpool), the country's national pre-selection, with their song "Blood and Glitter". Is it possible that he knew how to see the clues they were giving?

On March 3, the program where the German representative for the ESC would finally be chosen was broadcast on German television, which I streamed from my laptop. Even though I don't speak German, the show was entertaining and the other candidate songs had their charm, but I wanted them to win LOTL. Although there were nine artists, one of them had to leave the pre-selection due to illness, leaving eight. LOTL were the last to perform and their show was perfect and spectacular despite the nerves. 
Después empezaron a correr rumores sobre su canditatura como representantes de Alemania para Eurovisión y finalmente confirmaron que iban a participar en "Unser Lied für Liverpool" (Nuestra canción para Liverpool), la preselección nacional del país, con su canción "Blood and Glitter". ¿Es posible que haya sabido ver las pistas que estaban dando?

El 3 de marzo se retransmitió en la televisión alemana el programa donde finalmente se elegiría al representante alemán para el ESC, que vi en streaming desde mi portátil. A pesar de que no hablo alemán, el programa fue entretenido y las demás canciones candidatas tenían su encanto, pero yo quería que ganasen LOTL. Aunque eran nueve artistas, uno de ellos tuvo que salir de la preselección por enfermedad, quedando ocho. LOTL fueron los últimos en actuar y su show fue perfecto y espectacular a pesar de los nervios. 


When the votes began, I was nervous because first the votes were distributed by the international jury and only Finland gave them 12 points, the rest of the countries (including Spain) gave them very few points, remaining in fifth place with 43 points. Then came the madness with the popular vote. "Losties" (LOTL fans) got together to vote, getting 146 points, and thanks to them the band was proclaimed absolute winner, becoming the representatives of Germany for Eurovision. I was very happy for them and I really liked seeing their reaction when they realized that they had won and were going to Eurovision. So this year I'm with Germany.
Cuando empezaron los votos, estaba de los nervios porque primero se repartieron los votos por parte del jurado internacional y solo Finlandia les dio 12 puntos, el resto de países (incluida España) les dieron muy poquitos puntos, quedando en quinto puesto con 43 puntos. Después vino la locura con el voto popular. Les "losties" (fans de LOTL) se unieron para votar, consiguiendo 146 puntos y gracias a elles la banda se proclamó ganadora absoluta, pasando a ser los representantes de Alemania para Eurovisión. Me alegré mucho por ellos y me gustó mucho ver su reacción cuando se dieron cuenta de que habían ganado e iban a ir a Eurovisión. Así que este año estoy con Alemania. 


If you ask me what I think about Blanca Paloma, the representative of Spain, I'm sorry to say that I don't like her song. I liked another candidate better. I don't like flamenco and the song doesn't convey anything special to me either. Still, I wish her well. I haven't listened to the songs from the rest of the countries either, but I can say that I like the ones from Norway and Finland, which seems like a daring proposal to me and that's great. So we'll see who wins Eurovision this year on May 13

Do you like the German song? Do you have a favorite song or artist? Tell me in the comments section.

See you in the next post!
Si me preguntáis que pienso sobre la Blanca Paloma, representante de España, lamento decir que no me gusta su canción. Me gustaba más otro candidato. No me gusta el flamenco y la canción tampoco me transmite nada especial. Aún así, deseo que le vaya bien. Tampoco he escuchado aún las canciones del resto de países, pero sí puedo decir que me gustan las de Noruega y Finlandia, que me parece una propuesta atrevida y eso es genial. Así que ya veremos quién gana este año Eurovisión el próximo 13 de mayo. 

¿Os gusta la canción alemana? ¿Tenéis canción o artista favorito? Contadme en la sección de comentarios.

¡Nos vemos en la próxima entrada!

Thanks for your visit!  ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!

Sionnach 🦊
_______________________________


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM Comments will be deleted!
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
Los comentarios SPAM serán eliminados.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Other Posts ❅ Otras entradas Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks