Search ❅ Busca

10 de marzo de 2019

International Women's Day 2019 - Día Internacional de la Mujer 2019 (Barcelona)

Last Friday 8th was the International Women's Day. This day nothing is celebrated, we must commemorate it and continue with the struggle for equality so that the violence and inequality that women suffer will disappear someday.

In my previous post I told you how I spent the morning in my city, El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona), so today I tell you how I spent the afternoon at the demonstration in Barcelona.

The beginning of the demonstration was in La Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes and Plaça Espanya, I arrived about 6 in the afternoon to Plaza Espanya. The demonstration would start half an hour later.
El pasado viernes día 8 fue Día Internacional de la Mujer. Este día no se celebra nada, hay que conmemorarlo y seguir con la lucha por la igualdad para que desaparezca la violencia y la desigualdad de la que sufrimos.

En mi anterior entrada os conté cómo pasé la mañana en mi ciudad, El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona), así que hoy os cuento cómo pasé la tarde en la manifestación de Barcelona.

El inicio de la manifestación fue en La Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes y Plaza Espanya, llegué sobre las 6 de la tarde a Plaza Espanya. La manifestación daría comienzo media hora después.


No me digas cómo vestirme, diles que no violen

Excuse me, they're killing us

Machete to the macho


I went along the Gran Via de les Corts Catalans, as being in the same place for a long time overwhelmed me.
Avancé por la Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes ya que estar parada en un mismo sitio durante mucho tiempo me agobia.

Against the gender gap in wages and pensions ● Contra la brecha de género en salarios y pensiones


Our nose itches and that means revolution

This is the face of patriarchy (Those three men are the political leaders of three right-wing parties)

Feminism will be the tomb of fascism ● El feminismo será la tumba del fascismo

You don't look better with your mouth shut

"Woman had to be" who changes the world


I decided to wait at the head of the demonstration, which passed over at 6:50 pm.
Decidí esperar a la cabeza de la manifestación, que pasó sobre las 18:50h.


Then I went all the way to the Plaza Universitat. There were many people in the streets.
Después avancé todo el recorrido hasta llegar a la Plaza Universitat. Se veía bastante gente en las calles.

My uterus is not your oven! / No to surrogate mother! / Subrogated pregnancy = sexist classism




You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman
No hace falta ser anti-hombre para ser pro-mujer

I also went to Plaza Catalunya, which is where the demonstration would end to later read the manifesto and where several musical performances would take place, to which I could not attend because I had to come back home.
También fui a la Plaza Catalunya, que es donde finalizaría la manifestación para después leer el manifiesto y donde tendrían lugar varias actuaciones musicales, a las que no pude asistir por tener que volver a casa.



The fountains of the square were lit for the occasion.

In Passeig de Gràcia I saw the head of the demonstration again and from there, I went back to Plaza Universitat to take the metro back home. I liked seeing that so many people joined the demonstration.
Las fuentes de la plaza estuvieron iluminadas para la ocasión.

En Passeig de Gràcia volví a ver la cabecera de la manifestación y ya de allí, volví a la Plaza Universitat para coger el metro de vuelta a casa. Me gustó ver que a la manifestación se unió tanta gente.

We are tired of asking for justice and respect / I choose how I dress and with whom I undress

They took us away so much that they ended up taking away our fear / One is not born a woman, one becomes a woman

8M: General strike! Law on equal pay. Repeal of labor reforms
8M: Huelga general! Ley de igualdad salarial. Derogación reformas laborales

And that's how I spent the afternoon. Don't forget that the feminist struggle is not just on March 8, every day we must fight for our rights. I hope that in the future we can eliminate patriarchy and finally achieve equality between women and men so that it's not necessary to continue carrying out strikes and demonstrations.

See you in the next post!
Y así fue como pasé la tarde. No hay que olvidar que la lucha feminista no es solo el día 8 de marzo, cada día hay que luchar por nuestros derechos. Espero que en un futuro podamos conseguir eliminar el patriarcado y conseguir finalmente la igualdad entre mujeres y hombres para que no sea necesario seguir haciendo huelgas y manifestaciones.

¡Nos vemos en la próxima entrada!

Thanks for your visit!  ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM Comments will be deleted!
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
Los comentarios SPAM serán eliminados.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Other Posts ❅ Otras entradas Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks